|April 14, 2012|
|7:00 am||to||11:00 am|
Rifle 9Health Fair at Grand River Hospital and Medical Center
Saturday, April 14th, 2012 from 7:00 a.m – 11:00 a.m.
at Grand River Hospital and Medical Center (501 Airport Road in Rifle)
Fair will offer a variety of low cost and free health screenings and services
This year’s health fair will offer five low cost blood tests:
- The Blood Chemistry Screening provides baseline information on cholesterol, blood glucose, liver, kidneys, thyroid and more. The cost is $30.
- The Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) test for men is $25 and is recommended for males 40 and over with a family history of prostate cancer or all males 50 and older.
- The Blood Count Screening, $15, gives a general picture of overall health by checking white blood cells, hematocrit, hemoglobin levels and blood-clotting abilities.
- We will also offer a Vitamin D screening, $40, which provides a baseline level of Vitamin D. Low Vitamin D levels have been associated with an increased risk of certain cancers, nerve disease, immune disease and heart disease.
- The Rifle 9Health Fair is also one of limited sites that will offer the Hemoglobin A1c blood draw for $25, measuring average blood sugar control for the past two to three months. The results give a good idea of risk for diabetes and if already diabetic, how current treatment plan is working.
Colon Cancer Screening Kits are available for $20, which is a take-home/mail-in kit that checks for human blood in the stool.
For your convenience and to shorten your wait time, we strongly encourage pre-registration for the 9Health Fair online CLICK HERE to register. You will need a major credit card to register online.
There will also be two pre-registration dates for the 9Health Fair for those who don’t have access to a computer. At pre-registration, participants fill out paperwork, pay for any blood work they want done, and sign up for an appointment time to come to the 9Health Fair on April 14.
Pre-registration dates and times are as follows: Monday April 9 from 4-6:30pm at GRHD and Tuesday from 9a-2p at the Rifle Senior Center. Only cash and checks will be accepted at pre-registration. If you wish to pay with a credit card please register online.
Grand River is also offering a limited number of mammograms and bone density screenings to those who qualify. Qualifications include age, no insurance or insurance plans with high deductibles, and previous screenings and diagnoses. If you are interested in these services, it is recommended arriving to the health fair as early as possible, since the number is limited and tests are first come, first served.
The Rifle 9Health Fair will also have a wide variety of free screenings and health information booths. There will be information booths on varying topics including diabetes, weight management, Women’s Wellness Connection, the Foot Support Group and more!
Pap smears will not be offered at the health fair, but women will be able to get enrolled in programs that can assist them in getting many important women’s health screenings.
Garfield County Public Health will be offering discounted adult immunizations at the Rifle 9Health Fair. Vaccines will be available for any adults 19 years of age or older. Vaccines available include TDAP (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis/whooping cough). Please bring immunizations records if they are available. Cash or checks will only be accepted for this service.
For more information about the 9Health Fair, call (970) 625-6433.