|April 25, 2012|
|4:00 pm||to||5:30 pm|
Interested in learning more about the exciting careers in the healthcare industry?
Why healthcare . . .
• Healthcare is one the largest industries proving 14.3 million jobs (2008)
• Healthcare is the 10th of the 20 fastest growing occupations
• Healthcare will generate 3.2 million new wages and salary jobs between 2008 – 2018, more than any other industry!
The Healthcare Career Club will offer local area high school students an opportunity to learn about various and diverse careers available in the medical field. Students not only will network with other students from different area schools interests in their same field of study, but they will gain enthusiasm and guidance on how to achieve goals needed to strive for a career in the health field.
If your child is interested in learning more about this program have them contact their High School Counselor or (970) 625-6423.
A series of schedules events will include topics from Physical Therapy, Diabetes / Health Education, Radiology, Nursing, CNA & Personal Care.
April 25, 2012 will feature Certified Nursing Assistant, Paula Chelewski:
- Learn what is required to become a CNA in the State of Colorado
- Through hands-on activies, learn how to lift patients, take vital signs and care for patients
- Gain practical skills needed to care for elderly
This HCC will be held at Colorado Mountain College – West Garfield Campus (3695 Airport Road in Rifle)
Join the CLUB for FREE!